MISS ANN—-127’ Pusey & Jones ~ 1926
Builder: Pusey & Jones Fuel Capacity: 2,500 Gallons / 5,000 Gallons
Model: Classic Fantail Water Capacity: 425 Gallons
Type: Raised Pilothouse MY Hull Material: Steel
LOA: 127’ Speed: Cruise / Max: 9 Knots / 14.5 Knots
Beam: 20’ Displacement: 183 Tons
Draft: 7’ Location: Washington, DC
Engines: 2 X Detroit Diesel 12V71’s / 360 HP / 2007
(Ph) (800) UYS-2270
$1,900,000 Asking Price
WELCOME, ABOARD “MISS ANN” ONE OF THE FIRST AMERICAN SUPER YACHTS EVER BUILT!
Miss Ann was designed in 1924 by Naval Architect, D.B. Dobson, of New Bedford, Mass. to design a 110’ luxury motor yacht for Mr. John French. A Detroit banker, industrialist, and yacht collector. Later that year, Mr. French contracted with Pusey & Jones, a well-known American shipyard of the era, to build a fine diesel motor yacht. Pusey & Jones were renowned in the 20’s and 30’s as one of the finest U.S. builders of steel vessels. Such as “Acania”, “Colleen” and the 294’ yacht “John Cadwalader”. Mr. French first commissioned Miss Ann, as “SIELE” on April 10, 1926. Some years later, in 1936 French sold the yacht to Robert H, Wolf, who renamed her “Sea Wolf”, where she was then berthed at the Catawba Yacht Cub, near Sandusky, OH. for many decades as a private yacht. On January 13, 1941 Mr. Wolf, turned over “Sea Wolf” to the U.S. Navy to assist in the U.S. War effort. During her naval duty she was re-commissioned as “Aquamarine PYC-7” with Lt. George A. Lang in command, where she under went a major refit that spring: repainted navy battle ship grey, new machinery, and two .30 caliber deck guns were added. She then became a research vessel for the U.S. Navy conducting underwater secret “sonar” experimental work. She also served as tender to the Presidential Yacht “Potomac AG-25” then replacing the “Potomac” in 1945 through 1946 as the U.S. Presidential Yacht. In late 1946, she was decommissioned and transferred to the Maritime Commission War Shipping Administration for disposal where she sat in “mothballs” till 1952. It was Mr. E.A. Stephens, who found Aquamarine in rather bad condition but saw her beautiful lines and purchased her in 1952 from the Navy. Mr. Stephens the owner of “The Tides Inn” in Irvington, VA, then commissioned Mr. John H. Wells, a well known yacht designer who brought needed knowledge to refit and modernize the yacht; giving a modern rake to her bow, a swept sheer line, new paint, new machinery, and added 17’ to her length by adding a fanned transom. After 18 months in major and costly refit, Mr. Stephens recommissioned Aquamarine as “MISS ANN” naming her after his wife. Miss Ann then served as the Stephen’s family yacht where she was berthed at the world famous Tides Inn and resort on Carter’s Creek off the Rappahannock River. Miss Ann was sold to its new owner 2 years ago, is now berthed in Washington D.C. and operates as a high end charter vessel. Currently, Miss Ann is U.S.C.G. Certified to carry 100 passengers for hire near coastal. She is also listed with National Registry of Historic Places (NRHP) as a National Treasure! Her history is rich and she is without question a “Grand Dame” of the yesteryear era of gentleman’s yachting and is deserving of restoration.